Sunday, March 28, 2010

Topsy Turvy Tomato Planter Review

How did the Topsy Turvy tomato planter do?

I got a good crop of cherry tomatoes late last summer with the Topsy Turvy.  I thought it was a little strange the way the tomato vines emerged from the narrow opening of the lantern-like container, but I have to say it did grow a nice number of tomatoes in a yard which does not get a lot of sun.

You can of course also position it as you need to in your yard and find a zone that gets more sun than others. Because it's tall and narrow, you don't need a big swath of land to set it up in.

I give the planter two thumbs up and I may use it again this summer. One decision I've definitely made is to stick with cherry tomatoes, the smaller tomatoes, and not the large varieties -- the limited amount of sun in my yard simply won't support it.

Somewhere on one of my computers I have photos of the tomatoes grown with the Topsy Turvy -- unfortunately I could not locate the pix from last summer so for now you are stuck with the picture of me, below.



Ready to write another review.

No comments: